Friday, May 28, 2010

Another Tranquil Week in Acuna

No horrible news in Acuna and that means nobody will share the fact that things remained peaceful this week. For those that do not know, I search the Internet for stories about Acuna, Mexico, drug cartels, etc. and telephone at least two people in Acuna every week to keep up to speed. It is always interesting to read posts on news agency and blog sites. Sometimes, the screen-names tell me a lot about the people.

One,who uses the screen name of 'anonymous' wrote that Mexicans are cowards and should stand up to the cartels. This guy is so afraid he will not even post a real name or some name that might give a clue to his identity. Yes, he should know all about cowardice.

Then there is 'confused', a highly opinionated writer that is certain the world should follow his/her ideas about immigration. Wouldn't it be great if politicians has to use names like 'confused'? Some people would STILL vote for confused!

Anyway, things are quiet in Acuna. There were ferocious gun battles in Piedras during the past week. Although I was in town, I missed the gunfights. These will not be overly reported. The Mexican Army won and they keep winning. (Based on the news reports, I bet you thought they were losing).

There is at least one mission group still operating and planning missions in Acuna. I hope to talk with them next week and then do some thinking about Paper Houses.

I just received another phone call, from Acuna. My friend Dennis said that all remains tranquil.

No comments:

Post a Comment